Thursday, January 7, 2010

When I'm making pancakes can I substitute canola oil with vegetable oil or olive oil?

I don't think I have any vegetable oil.....and I can't go to the store right now soooooooWhen I'm making pancakes can I substitute canola oil with vegetable oil or olive oil?
YES! I use veg. oil in mine. And may I say they are delicious everytime. SO, go to the store, and get some veg. oil. Yummy, what time is breakfast?When I'm making pancakes can I substitute canola oil with vegetable oil or olive oil?
yes you can, but the olive oil will flavor the pancakes. I like the flavor but some people don't like it on their sweet stuff. You can also use melted butter and that gives a really rich taste. Most people like that flavor on their pancakes.
Olive oil may make pancakes taste funky. I just use PAM, or melted butter really makes them taste good. Canola oil would certainly work, and wouldn't flavor the pancakes, either.
You can for cooking purposes but they have different tastes. Personally i would prefer vegetable oil over olive oil for this.
Sure you can. Olive oil tends to be heavier, so maybe add a tsp of sugar to off set the oil flavor.
Yes you can but I prefer to use melted butter or margarine instead of oil. I think it has more flavor.
Melt some butter or shortening, use veggie oil but not olive oil, it's too heavy.
Yes, you can use any of those oils.

No comments:

Post a Comment